GPT campsite booking system to become fairer and easier
Parks Victoria is making long awaited improvements to the GPT booking system. These changes will make it easier to book and provide more flexibility. As a result it will now be possible to do a single night booking, skip campgrounds and enjoy more rest days along the way.
Changes will include:
- More single night options
- Skip a hike-in campground to hike longer distances in a single day
- Hike in either direction: north-to-south (recommended) or south-to-north
- Options for an extra rest day(s) in Halls Gap (if hiking through)
- Book easily using an interactive map (rather than set itineraries)
It’s not happening straight away though!
The updates to the booking system will be implemented by September 2023. Therefore you can opt to book now or wait until the system offers more flexibility when booking for Spring.
The new updates will allow hikers to change their booking in line with the booking Terms and Conditions.
To book GPT campsites
Hikers’ campsites can be booked via Grampians Peaks Trail.
Red Centre – a guide book by the same authors
While staying in the area, check out the accommodation, dining and activities that can be done at Grampians Tourism.