Destination Red Centre is an e-book. It contains descriptions of 7 loop drives, as well as ways you can mix and match them. The loops are:
- Stuart Highway North (heading north from the SA border to Alice Springs)
- Stuart Highway South (from Alice Springs to Threeways)
- Red Centre Way (West MacDonnells, Kings Canyon, Uluru and Kata Tjuta)
- West MacDonnell Ranges Loop (to Glen Helen then Hermannsburg, Palm Valley and Owen Springs)
- Binns Track North (north of Alice Springs to the Stuart Hwy near Tennant Creek)
- Old Ghan & Binns Track Loop (Old Ghan Railway to Dalhousie Springs then Binns Track to Alice Springs)
- Western Outback Loop (Gary Junction Rd, Sandy Blight Junction Rd, Great Central Rd, Tjukururu Rd, Giles Mulga Park Rd)
There is detailed information on the following:
- Which parts are suitable for your vehicle and your driving experience
- How much time you’ll need for each loop
- How to obtain permits to cross Aboriginal lands
- How to get the most out of visiting Aboriginal communities and where to buy the best art
- Links to check weather and road conditions
- Advice on communications equipment to carry
- Detailed descriptions of all tracks and river crossings
- Information on all of the walks along the way
- Distances between fuel stops and longest distance without fuel on any given route.
- Comprehensive accommodation, restaurant and tour listings with web links.
- Free campsite across all of the Red Centre
- Lots of information on history, geology, flora and fauna
If you’re not 100% sure that this type of e-book is for you, download our free Destination Red Centre Pocket Guide now.